The We Care Initiative is something that tugs at the heart of our Core Values: Helping! We all got into this industry because of those “Feel Good Moments” when someone walks into their new home. Their first home. Their Vacation home etc… We feel good by helping others feel good. The We Care Initiative just takes our Core Value beyond our office and into the community. Each and every year, EmpowerFi will select a way of giving back. For 2019, we all came together and decided we wanted to help our 4 legged friends. It was a no-brainer for us to do this by either helping families adopt a pet or making a donation to a local animal shelter in their name. Our Clients will have the opportunity to decide, Either way, we see this as a win-win for everyone and we are excited about this upcoming year and our BUY A HOME, GIVE A HOME campaign.
BUY A HOME, GIVE A HOME
“When we adopt a dog or any pet, we know it is going to end with us having to say goodbye, but we still do it. And we do it for a very good reason: They bring so much joy and optimism and happiness. They attack every moment of every day with that attitude.” – W. Bruce Cameron
What can we say, we love our Pets. Its why we decided through empowerfi.com’s ‘We Care’ initiative to highlight pets as our charity of choice this year.
So what does that mean? It means that when we close your loan we are going to ask you if you are interested in adopting a pet. If so, we will pay for all the associated adoption fees, if not, do not worry, we will make a $250 donation to a local animal shelter on your behalf. Everyone wins, and remember to “Help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered.” – Bob Barker
If you are at all considering adding a pet to your family, here the top reasons to adopt for your new best friend:
- Because you will save a life: Each year 2.7 million adoptable dogs and cats are euthanized in the USA.
- Because you will get a great animal: Many are already house-trained and used to living with families.
- Because it’s one way to fight puppy mills: If you buy a dog from a pet store,online seller or flea market, you may be getting a dog from a puppy mill.
- Because Pets are good for your health: Not only do animals give you unconditional love, but they have been shown to be psychologically, emotionally and physically beneficial to their companions.
- Because adoption helps more than just one animal: The cost of your adoption goes directly towards helping those shelters better care for the animals they take in